If you cannot pay your taxes on time, send a written request for an extension to the below address before the payment is due.

S.C. Department of Employment and Workforce
Delinquency Unit
P.O. Box 995
Columbia, SC 29202

DEW may, if you show good cause, grant an extension for making payment. However, the extension will bear interest at one percent per month.

For questions contact the Delinquency Unit at 803-737-3085


If you paid contributions or interest in error, you can file an application for adjustment or refund. We’ll make corrections, without interest, by means of a Statement of Account Notice. When preparing your next contribution report, you can deduct the credit due, as shown on the notice for quarterly contributions due. If the amount paid in error is too large to be adjusted in a reasonable time you can request a refund.

To request a refund, mail or fax a letter containing your account number and applicable information using the information below.

S.C. Department of Employment and Workforce
Contributions Unit
P.O. Box 995
Columbia, SC 29202

Fax: 803-737-2659

You must submit an application for reimbursement within four years from the date the erroneous payment became due.

DEW Logo
Legal | Privacy Statement | Disclaimer 
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. 
803.737.2400,  711 (TTY)

Para obtener ayuda, llame al 1.866.572.3148

Copyright ©, SC Department of Employment & Workforce | All Rights Reserved 
Auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities 
Report State Agency Fraud (Office of the Inspector General)

Contact us if you need assistance understanding the language on this website

American Job Center logo